First one in the office. Risky selfie.
Even when these guys married, they still married someone who dealt with this stuff solo. There might be stories and gripe sessions, but they tended to try to equate some part of their experience to the woman’s. Sure, you’re told to be beautiful, but I’m told to lift heavy things! Same, right?
Then, they had daughters.
Kids are very good at not dealing with their own shit. It’s not their job. It’s yours. Suddenly, you’re shoved into a toy aisle where there’s nary a Lego or car or building block, but instead, rows and rows of dead-eyed dolls. You realize how hard it is to find play clothes for a girl, because everything seems to be optimized for ‘cute’ rather than ‘comfort.’ You hear people compliment your daughter only on how pretty she is, and never on how smart or clever she is.
The girl goes to school, and you watch how she’s never called on. You hear someone insult someone else by calling them ‘a girl’, and it stings. Your little girl is awesome! She’s brave and smart and funny! Why would anyone use that as an insult? Then, you remember all the times you did it.And then, you realize that, all along, you’ve been a part of the problem.
i was so ready to be furious and then i just about cried at how beautiful it was
Robert Sean Leonard quote about dating in his 20’s:
"I had a hard time with girls in my 20’s. They all seemed to yell at me and cry a lot.
I was best friends with Ethan Hawke at the time and I remember thinking -that guy got away with murder. He’d date like 3 girls at once and they would go - ‘oh that’s Ethan!’ Whereas I would like kiss a girl and then a week later be like ‘I don’t know if this is working’ and it would be like Hiroshima!”
1. First impression: she is so scary
2. Truth is: lol. I can’t even take this seriously man you are like my bff
3. How old do you look: probably like 20 in work clothes and like 12 with your hair up and in your dressing gown
4. Have you ever made me laugh: no
5. Have you ever made me mad: actually not
6. Best feature: you are the best (that’s a feature now)
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: no phew!
8. You’re my: mumma lioness
9. Name in my phone: megan lioness
10. Should you post this too? you have done already so shhh
ps. sorry it’s crap i am supposed to be writing an essay
WELL BITCH YOU WERE LATE
1. First impression: ‘woah what a hardcore gothic soul’/aw man i hope she doesn’t end up in the nuthouse
2. Truth is: squishy glorious lion cub of my heart
3. How old do you look: like i don’t even remember how fucking old you are?? shit. no it’s ok you’re 18 you look about 18!
4. Have you ever made me laugh: nah never not ever ‘either way it’s a murder’ it’s not like i, bad memory idiot, can actually quote your puns
5. Have you ever made me mad: have you?? i don’t remember this ever happening?
6. Best feature: innate fucking wonderfulness that radiates from you and makes everyone love you
7. Have I ever had a crush on you: no thank the lord
8. You’re my: LION CUB
9. Name in my phone: ‘the cubmeister’
10. Should you post this too? yeah do it you little fucker